1 step forward, 2 steps back

Lexan,

Do you have spark? ie. have you checked it with a timing light.
Do you have fuel /air -- are all the CIS tubes in place?

Did you try to start the car with it at half throttle? its a cheap way to
get the air plate to move.

remember
fuel -- you already verified the system works.
air  (compression) -- compression tester
 air to supply fuel, CIS special ( intake system all buttoned up)
spark check with a timing light on each of the wires  they should flash
during start.

--------
Bigmac