Manifold tubes are plastic?!? and timing help

I have dial-up (and really slow dial-up at that, gotta love livin' country
style), so I can't send a pic of anything, but here is what it is.

the cam dot is in the correct position and yields the distributor in the
right position (I did adjust the wires before my last email.  they were more
like 1,3,2,4).  The flywheel doesn't look TDC to me (the "0" is just to the
right of the little pointer on the casing).  do i need to be concerned of
flywheel not TDC, or am i wrong and it is TDC?  could 2 wires being in wrong
position really keep me from starting?

can't really test until i get the stinking injector insert, as it really
isn't even seating now (unless I hear a go-ahead from you just for testing,
no driving on bad insert).

you guys have no idea how frustrating and fun this is, having no idea how to
make a car go.  but, i really am having a good time with it, and can't wait
to get her on the road.  this car is way sexy, and between its good looks
and my planned vanity plate (either ROCCGRL or ROCCSTAR), i WILL be the envy
of all others on the road (yeah right).

Thanks for all your help!  I hope it works out and I can drive her to Cincy.
  If not, a back up has presented itself (thanks Allyn).

Lexan

Interest Rates Fall Again! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new
payment
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18679&moid=7581