So I built a DPR harness and checked the current....

John, it should be fluctuating.  Averaging 10 mA is stock.  If you want it
rich, but not too rich for performance, it should be 3-4 mA (bouncing off of
2 and 5 mA.

 Along with the other checks you're going to perform, make sure that the
roller underneath the plunger is moving smoothly.  That had me dogged for
two weeks with a standard CIS system.

CIS-E is wonderful for tuning when DEQ time comes, but every component in
the system has to be working properly and plugged in.

Hope my blathering helps.