So I built a DPR harness and checked the current....

I built a harness today.  The mulitmeter leads take the place of the r/w
wire and I have a
wire connecting the br/bl. I am using the proper connectors and everything
mates up to
where it should.  I am running an analog meter set on the 50ma setting.  I
hooked it up and
go nothing.  I swap connections(red in - and black into+) and I get
10ma.  If I rev the car(8816V)
it will stay at 10ma, drop to 0 and then right back to 10ma.  Does this
sound ok?
I am trying to diagnose a hesitation on acceleration or hesitation under
load problem.  Oddly
Bentley lists both problems, but they seem to mean more or less the same
thing to me.  Is my
thinking wrong here?  I guess my next steps will me to check the plate
potentiometer and the
dist. plunger and plate.
This is the first time I've ever messed with the DPR and am not totally
sure I've done everything
right.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

''98 Dakota 4x4-
'88 Scirocco 16V-
'86 Scirocco 8V-Now a 16V!
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic, 4 speed.- In the Rotisserie and under
restoration
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.