Timing help

I am sure this has been gone over before, but maybe this is a different
question :)

OK, to get you up to speed, fuel distributor is good, injectors are good,
and I believe all the air is out of the lines.  All the stinking bolts are
tightened on the fuel distributor finally (gees, been watching for where the
gas keeps seeping from).

Car is closer, but still no start.  I am down to a timing issue.  First, we
will assume that whoever changed the timing belt before knew what they were
doing (man, I really hope so), and that area is timed correctly.  I was
looking in the distributor to make sure it was hitting correctly, but I
can't find this "mark" that is supposed to be on the inside to know where
the rotor lines up.  Help!  If I put the car to TDC via timing hole, where
should the rotor be pointing?

Any help is, as always, greatly appreciated!

Lexan
'82 8V

Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.