DCI BBQ this Saturday (Washington, Canada, Oregon content)

Good time.  I got there about 2:30 and it was supposed to have started
at noon but it really didn't clear up until 1:30, so I think it was a
bit of a late start for everyone.  It was pretty cool.  I went in the
R32 w/the kids.  Andrea wasn't feeling well and took a nap.

It was kinda funny though because I think I got a couple causual looks
at the R32 but no serious interest.  Which was really fine by me
because it was dirty anyway.  Part of that was there was NO way I
could take part in the burn out contest I think.

Everyone was friendly and all I brought food but didn't use much of it
as there was already a ton of it there.  I threw my stuff in the
community pile.  We ate and the girls had fun.  I had the Savage RC
truck there figured I'd do a few wheelies since I couldn't smoke
tires, but couldn't get her started--battery problem.

The burn out competitions were pretty friggin sick.  There was all
kinds of heavily modded Passats and older Jettas.  They completely
filled the park with smoke.  No water on the ground just a group of
people holding the cars.  One dude got dragged prolly 200 feet.
Another guy ate his clutch up pretty good that stunk bad.

This was the weird part.  I saw one other NICE Mk1 Scirocco there.
That was about it.  Andrea called me after her nap and asked if it was
still going on.  Sure come on bring the Scirocco.  She pulled in and a
MOB of people surrounded her before she could even get out of the car.
 I had to go and rescue her.  I don't know if it was maybe "Look a
female!!!"  or if it was "Look a female in a SCIROCCO!"

Even after they found out it was stock and she was married they hung
out so...  who knows...  I just thought it was funny that nobody
really looked twice at the R32 and probably 15 ran over to the
Scirocco when it pulled in.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3170504&page=1

Chris