[Opinions] Best budget summer performance tires?

    If you spend alot of time on the track and have a special set of tires
that you use on the track but sometimes on daily driving then I like the
Toyo T1R's.  I know they're a bit more money but they're worth it for the
stiffer sidewall and rim protector lip that adds support for cornering.
EdgeRacing.com has them for between 75 and 106 per tire depending on your
size.  With the stiffer sidewall I'd go with the 205/50/15 but I have bottle
caps that I run on track so I get 195/45/14.  Real sticky and heat up fast.
    For Daily driving I used stock Saturn wheels and tires 175/75/14 but
they're real tall and good for fuel efficiency.  They stop exactly the same
way a freight train doesn't.
    With the GLI, I got that set of real cheap $48 per tire Hankook K106's
195/50/15 for my daily driver.  $120 per pair shipped to my door.  Not the
best, but good enough for non track use.

      Rave Racer
Current:
'91 Jetta GLI 2.0L 16V
'81 Scirocco Mk1 1.8L 8V Digifant 2