[Opinions] Best budget summer performance tires?

I recently got a set of 4x100 15" rims, and I'm looking for tires.  I'm
planning a budget of (hopefully) no more than $250 for tires.  They'll
be going on my 16v, lowered, daily driven aggressively, with occasional
autocrossing.

I have a friend who has Yoko AVS ES100s on his Rabbit, I like them a
lot.  Good treadwear, super sticky, and reasonably priced.  He also has
a Volvo P1800ES with Sumitomo HTR Z's that he autocrosses extensively,
he likes them.

Any other preferences out there?  I'd love to be able to budget for a
set of Falken Azenis'.....

Also, Tire Rack recommends 195/50s for a 15" upgrade, how wide can I go
without rubbing, ya think?  205?  My cars dropped about 1.5" on H&R Race
springs.

TIA!
Nate