Heater core?

Yes but...

On MkI models, all the under dash ducting is quite different between AC and non AC models and it
ALL need to be changed.  Be sure the same applies to MkII as well...or not.

I'd consider removing the heater box, trashing the AC-specific components, and reinstalling with
the new AC-style heater core.  But that's just an idea becase I haven't done this.

Le Cheapass