'New' addition, now what to do with the '77

  After spending the better part of the weekend looking through newspapers
and dealerships, I brought home a '96 gti. It's 2.0 begs to be swapped for
more displacement. The shifter doesn't hunt, but it feels like my old Bug
with it's factory throw, and that exhaust, yeah, stock as well.
  Four-wheel discs are quite nice, but since I'll be swapping out the brake
fluid, why not add a set of ss lines, right? The factory 14" wheels with
205/60's for some reason look like a set of 70's on 13"s, but they handle
nicely.
  A quick check on Carfax didn't show anything except
dealer/owner/dealer/dealer, so what's with all the overspray? And just how
much rust is on the underside?
  Back to that displacement. While hunting around I tried out a Jetta with
the VR6, and that felt nice! Whatever I do with the gti, I doubt I'm going
to do a VR6 swap with it (tempted), but with a golf1 or 2 shell, oh yeah.
Would that fit under the hood of an early Scirocco? Has that been done?

  I almost feel like I've betrayed the '77, kind of wanted to keep that. But
after having water sloshing around in the doors from the last rainstorms I
was in back in Arizona, I need an all-weather daily driver, and so the gti.
I just wish I could swap out the suspension mods into the newer car. At this
point tho', I need to either pull what I can for any future project and have
the body hauled off, or sell it to someone else with the space for it.

Carl
'77 scirocco
'96 gti

Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.