OT: USB adapters for PCMCIA slots

> I guess the USB PCMCIA card I have is cheap.  I want to know
> why I don't get any balloons!!!  Bastages.

The USB interface has to support detection of the overload and reporting it back to the OS via the driver.  A card I've got on my
laptop pops the balloon if I plug in even a 80mA mouse (without extra power).

> What is the difference in voltages PCMCIA type 2 or 3?

The different PCMCIA types have nothing to do with the voltage supplied.  3.3V support came with DMA mode support (~1995).  The slot
connector is physically keyed to prevent a newer 3.3V card from being physically inserted into an (older) 5V-only slot.

> "fattie" device like my "hardcard" and my Xircom 56K/Ethernet

Does everyone on the planet have one of these or something? (I have 3).

Al