Bad wheel bearing symptoms?

In my '88, while driving, I can feel and hear a low frequency 'whump
whump whump', directly related to wheel speed, from the front drivers
wheel.  It gets worse during left-hand turns, and during right-hand
turns, but not as much.  I've checked all suspension components (it has
new control arms and bushings, ball joints and tie rod ends in good
condition, new Spax inserts, and A2 lowering springs), everything seems
tight, and I've rotated tires, in case it was an out of round/balance
wheel (which is exactly what it feels like), to no avail.

Do I have a wheel bearing on the way out?  I do have access to a press,
but I've never done one before, what can I expect to get myself into?
Julie, any tips?

Thanks,
Nate