UPDATE: Scirocco pain....... NOW hardball time?

Gordy Stedman wrote:
> I think GL = Grand Luxe

Both of my old ones that I still have titles for are registered as
CP SDX.  One is my 81, th'other is an 85 that is long since chopped up.
  The state makes up its own gibberish.  I presume CP=coupe and
SDX=SedanXcept4doors which means nothing.  Your State's Mileage May Vary
but expect that the extra part is imaginary and has little to do with
the factory codes or any variations amongst models.  Most roccs sold
were all the same trim code: none.

GL meant different things for other models.  My 85 Vanagon is a GL.  It
got some extra stuff like a bed in the back (vavavoom, hotstuff) as a
Weekender Package but on the title it is SW VGN.  The dealer trim codes
don't necessarily translate into meaningful title epithets and
conversely the title can't confirm what kind you gots fer sure.