UPDATE: Scirocco pain....... NOW hardball time?

The estimate of repairs is $1007.50 He stoped at 70% estimated value of the car (on his terms) But when I flat out asked him what my car was valued he said that there is no way of knowing that now. I smell bullshit.

  It looks like that includes parts (but that looks a bit vage) Body labor, Paint labor, paint supplies. So at one point he says "it looks like we are heading to a total loss" and my favorite, "Tops I say $1400" while putting his hands behind his head.
  But he says too, "lets wait for the police report and see what it says"....kinda like I really dont believe what you told the previous guy on the phone.

   I don't like this guys and hate to get a total loss on it as I am sure that they will raise my premium that I have worked so hard to keep in check since a misshap in 2000.

  What are my opttions now? I have to play hardball and I want to go in there with my cannons on.

  I have the NADA info which estimates average retail for the car at $2350. Also have other internet information of cars being sold in the year range mine is in. One is an 82 in Maryland found on the Samba.com for $2000 (and it is not as handsom as Rodolfo)
  The other is the Ebay 7K rocco.

  What else? HE asked if it was a GL or standard....???? I was like it is a DLX

  El Tony