I NEED HELP PLEASE READ!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daun Yeagley" <vwdaun@yahoo.com>
To: "Kathryn Griffin" <griffink1@nku.edu>; <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: I NEED HELP PLEASE READ!

> --- Kathryn Griffin <griffink1@nku.edu> wrote:
>
> But when the insurance adjuster came, he told me
>> my car only blue-booked for 600$, and wants to total it
>> out for that amount!
>
> That's absolute BS!

Yeah I totally agree!  You serious can't put a blue-book value on these car!

>> I need to prove that my car is worth more than 600$, and
>> i knew this was the place to turn. If anyone has proof of
>> sale for a scirocco for more than 1000$,
>
> How about the '85 that sold on eBay this week for $7000?

That is one option!  Like Daun said check the net. www.scirocco.org, check
the craiglist listing, ect!

> Ok, you need to scrape together every receipt and other
> scrap of paper that shows how well you've kept up the car.
> Also, do some research around the 'net to see what prices
> people are asking for similar cars.  That will at least be
> a start.

A friend of mine just picked up a bone stock 84 8v for $800 but he got a
deal because he's buddy friend owned it!  I think the asking price was
$1150.  Definitely scrape together every receipt you have for the car and
every service receipt you have.  If you work on the car yourself like most
of us on the list put together a spread sheet of the hours and what was
replaced ect.

-Brian
85 Scirocco 8vT       01 Jetta 20vT       84 Rabbit GTI