is this even possible?

On 10:05 am 09/14/06 "Brian McGarvey" <bmcgarvey@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can tell you that they are the same interchangable bits..(ie. they
> fit) the cabby has all 4 corners that weigh.. somewhat more.. Maybe...
> we need somebody to look up the curb weight.. and see what the
> differences are. The motor is an 8v.. which does weigh less than the
> 16v, but there are re-enforcing panels along the strut towers and
> outside edge frame rails, and rear shock mounts.
>
> Brian

It's a friggin heavy car, just try pushing one. I can go read the sticker
on the door jamb if anyone's interested. I've been daily driving one most
of the summer. And yes, the parts will fit, I actually had the front
suspension done on mine before I realized it wasn't a Scirocco, and that I
had no idea where the upper strut mounts were accessed from on the back.
And they are an absolute chick magnet according to my son.
Cathy
1988 Cabby
1987 16V
1979 MkI