I Broke Another... racing story

I remember reading about this in a magazine or book MANY years
ago.  It  mentioned the
Hacker Brothers, who were big into racing Rabbit or Sciroccos in the SCCA(I
believe) had this
problem quite regularly.  I remember seeing a pic of a stock hub and their
upgraded, stronger
hub.  I wonder if these guys are still around, or at least if some of these
hubs are?

John