Last roader of the summer :(

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 09:13:20 -0400, "C Boyko"
<roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

>So a couple of comments...how reliable have you guys found hotel wireless
>to be? I spent WAY too much time on "hotel tech support" with no good
>results....got online for maybe an hour out of it?

Mixed results.  In many hotels, the signal is so weak you keep getting
disconnected.  I thought a La Quinta in Memphis was an exception when
I stayed there for three days a couple of months ago.  Never once did
I get bumped off.  Then I realized on the last day that the network I
had been on was Amerisuites.. the hotel across the parking lot.

Wireless is still a bit of an adventure and I always carry an ethernet
cable in case there is that option.  Sure beats the days of carrying a
"Telecoupler" (an acoustic modem coupler that velcros to the handset)
and carrying a directory of dial up 56k numbers, however.  Did that as
recently as 3 or 4 years ago in Germany.

Back on topic, the Scirocco got a new cd player this week as the FM
tuner in my ancient Kenwood cassette deck finally bit the dust.  The
new Kenwood has an Aux input mini jack and a USB connection.  Although
I'm not cool enough to have anything to actually connect to the USB
port at this time.  I really went with this model because Crutchfield
listed it as "fits without modification" in a Mk1.. which was correct.
Most decks seem to require cutting out the rear support bracket to
give enough depth for installation.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9