Racing update! (GRM $2006 challenge)

As most of you have heard, we had a great time at the Grassroots
Motorsports $2006 challenge
event.  Overall we came in 18th, beating stuff like supercharged
BMW's, Honda CRX's, V8
Mustangs, 240z's, Miatas, and even a turbo Dodge Rampage (but barely).

In raw motorsports events, we placed 4 - 8 places higher, with our
show car portion taking us
lower overall, cleaner is easier said then done.  I even put in about
80 hours of clean-up work
into it this year too.

Between us, we brought 3 Sciroccos, the Mk2 beasty car, and two
Mk1's.  All of them suffered
drive-line problems, some permanent, some should have been permanent. :)

The ITB 16v car has got more in it, I'm sure we can crack into the
low 14's (maybe 13's) all motor
with that ride.  Fiberglass hood for next year, maybe lexan rear
windows if we can find a way to
afford it - and finally spray some nitrous!

Allyn helped us a bunch with mechanics, cleaning, shaving 100lbs by
driving and just hanging
around, thanks very much!  We'd be happy to entertain more people on
the crew, as we're always
short handed, and you might get a drive if you're patient. :-)  There
were bunches of people
there more classified as Gang rather then crew, so we're down on
people power in comparison.

Please go check out the build pages from 2004, and the returning to
the GRM 2006 challenge
sites at:

http://bustedknuckleracing.com

There's details on the engine, transmission, intake, cams, broken
stuff, racing experiences, all
that stuff on there.   If you have any other questions, or have a
really cheap front sway bar to
sell, let me know.

==Brett