Way OT Speed conversion

Thats about what I figured.  I was in the 50-55 mph zone.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Greg Pallett
  To: Erik Patterson
  Cc: Rocco List
  Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2006 8:32 PM
  Subject: Re: Way OT Speed conversion

  Hhmm... I could be all wrong.....

  ...but...

  a mile is 5280 feet.  Your known measurement is 90 ft.

  5280 ft / 90 ft = 58.6(repeating)

  58.6 *1.5 (seconds) = 88 seconds.  That is, it would have traveled a mile in 88 seconds.

  According to the tachymeter on my Pulsar Quartz Alarm Chronograph World Timer watch...

  That's less than 60 mph (which is as low as it can go)

  And that kind of crazy math thinking sometimes got me a passing grade on tests.  In my head the conversion makes sense, but teachers always just shook their heads and told me I should take better notes.

  Cheers!

  GP