manual R&P Q's

i don't care about drive-ablitly it's over rated, and please don't lecture
me on how i will regret my decision.  just shake you head and say stupid
kid:).  what I'm more concerned with is how much more i have to turn the
wheel lock to lock with the manual rack, as i do plan to autocross the car
when it's done.  what is it, half, one hole turn?  and is there a way around
the 300$ close ratio autotech kit to get the same result