Trans swap questions

--- Andy Hartsig <hartsiga@msu.edu> wrote:

> 1. What does it take to convert from the 4 wire plug on
> the reverse switch
> to the 2 wire?

It's been awhile and I don't remember off the top of my
head.  With the 4-wire, you have two for the upshift light,
the others for the backup lights.  The Bentley should guide
you into which wire is for what.

> 3. The FF is missing 1 drive flange. Should I be able to
> simply swap the
> flanges over from the 2H without trouble?

AFAIK, yes.

> 4. What do I need to change to try to get my speedometer
> back to where it
> should be? Before she died the speedo wasn't very
> accurate it bounced allot
> and it read about 15% fast I think.

Anybody remember which color gear he needs for a 3.89/3.94
R&P?  I *think* it's a white gear.  I could tell you for
sure but I really don't feel like pulling the speedo cable
out of one of my transmissions, especially with it so cold
out.  :p

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco                 '81 Scirocco S 16v to be?
'86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!) '96 Passat GLX Wagon
'56 Cessna 172