  From: Daun Yeagley
  To: Andy Hartsig ; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2006 08:26 PM
  Subject: Re: Trans swap questions

  --- Andy Hartsig <hartsiga@msu.edu> wrote:

  > 1. What does it take to convert from the 4 wire plug on
  > the reverse switch
  > to the 2 wire?

  It's been awhile and I don't remember off the top of my
  head.  With the 4-wire, you have two for the upshift light,
  the others for the backup lights.  The Bentley should guide
  you into which wire is for what.

  > 3. The FF is missing 1 drive flange. Should I be able to
  > simply swap the
  > flanges over from the 2H without trouble?

  AFAIK, yes.

  > 4. What do I need to change to try to get my speedometer
  > back to where it
  > should be? Before she died the speedo wasn't very
  > accurate it bounced allot
  > and it read about 15% fast I think.

  Anybody remember which color gear he needs for a 3.89/3.94
  R&P?  I *think* it's a white gear.  I could tell you for
  sure but I really don't feel like pulling the speedo cable
  out of one of my transmissions, especially with it so cold
  out.  :p

  Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
  '80 Scirocco                 '81 Scirocco S 16v to be?
  '86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
  '88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!) '96 Passat GLX Wagon
  '56 Cessna 172