Any car audio experts on the list? (ie, installers, designers, competitors)

    Well I thought I'd tell the list about my new deck.  If anyone had been following I was looking to replace my Alpine with a Kenwood and just found the one I was looking for online at a steal.  It arrived yesterday and I put it in last night, then I messed around with it trying to figure it out today (completely out of character instructions in hand).  At first I didn't think it sounded as good as the Alpine did before I pulled it out, but I hadn't figured out all the settings right away.  The built in Filters blocked unwanted frequencies once I learned how to find them, then the segmented tone control helped clear it up once I learned how to use that.  Last night I was dissappointed by the sound quality but happy with the features, now I'm blown away with everything.  It's an amazing Deck, I don't have a camera but the functions of it are totally sweet and you can hear the changes that you make as you make them.  With old fasioned Caps and Coils you would have to do what we call "Swaptronics" to see what worked best unless you could do the math to figure out what you want beforehand.  I'm good but not that good.  I'm so excited about this and being able to just put what I want on my jump drive and go.  If anyone wants to know more about it please ask.

    On a side note a coworker had two Kenwood 10" subs in a sealed box that he wasn't happy with and it was overheating his amp, I had the one Alpine 12" that I wasn't happy with so we kind of stood looking at each other stupidly for about 30 seconds then swapped them.  Firstly he had his wired in wrong so he was overstressing his amp.  For you electrical geeks Parallel instead of Series.  Two 4 Ohm speakers = 2 Ohms total in parallel, the amp needed the full 4 Ohms otherwise it just dumps all it's power and can blow the amp.  Well now that they're swapped I have hard fast hits and he has low rumbling bass.  We're going to stay swapped for the weekend then swap back next week just to see how we feel about it.  I know not everyone has these kinds of resources so I'm willing to be a guide if you want advice.... And I don't work on commission.

      Rave Racer
Currently:
NEW!!  91 Jetta GLI 2.0L 16V
'81 Scirocco Mk1 1.8L 8V Digifant 2

'89 Jetta GTX 1.8L 16V
'87 Audi 4000 Quattro
 http://www.audifans.com/registry/view.php?action=viewCar&carid=110
'72 Triumph GT6
 http://www.triumphowners.com/uploaded/34/50-50-111014_20raveracer-gt6-1.jpg

http://spaces.msn.com/raveracer77/photos/
http://www.myspace.com/rave_racer

    I was looking specifically for the KDC-X590.  It's