Paging Ben Harder/ Road racing a car that doesn't fit in a "good" class

Ben, I hear you race a 1.8T mk1 in some sanctioned events and I was
wondering how the rules etc work out for you.

I am slowly coming to the realization I can't have my scirocco plus a
dedicated/nearly dedicated race car like my master plan has been.  Can a
Scirocco be competitive in an unlimited type of class?

The cold weather is starting to hit, so I am going into "dream" mode
thinking about what to do with the car someday.

koabi