History repeats itself...?

Good points, Dan.

I have to add that in this environment, there is an implicit trust between
us as buyers and sellers.  We have a community here and in order to maintain
that, we can't really keep secrets.  That's OK when you buy and sell via
Autotrader, etc., but not here.  So, we sell our stuff with full disclosure
and buyers reciprocate by being clear about the funds and payments.

I'm throwing this in because I know someone else in this community who
recently bought a car with a very obvious symptom of a possibly major
problem.  I feel that the seller did have an obligation to let the buyer
know about the problem.  Chances are, this buyer would have went ahead with
it, hoping for the best, but the seller should have explained what was going
on.  There are no hard feelings whatsoever, but the buyer learned from the
experience.

To summarize, sellers here are obligated, in my opinion, to be straight with
buyers and buyers have to keep their end of the deal.

Jim
(being careful not to take sides)