10.1" Calipers Question

I have a few more brake questions for you guys & girls.

Alright on my first 85 Scirocco the PO did a 16v brake upgrade up front and
the rear dics conversion.  After wrecking the car I kept the front brake
setup for plans of swapping them to the new 85 or the 84 Rabbit GTI.
However I am not sure if I kept the carries, I will have to look in the box.

When going online to look for 16v Scirocco calipers, the image listed
doesn't look like the caliper I have.  I don't have a picture of the caliper
at work but it has a shape like this [   ] on the inside and outside along
with the normal look of a caliper.

I understand the calipers could have come off a few different car so my
questions begin,

1.) Are the carries the same for all 10.1" calipers?  Or do they vary from
model- model?

2.)  If the calipers have been sitting for a year would I have to rebuild
these before using again?

3.)  What would be a good rotor & pad that isn't going to burn a hole in my
pocket for a street / Auto-X car?

On that note yes the 84 Rabbit GTI is coming along.

-Brian
85 Scirocco 8vT       01 Jetta 20vT       84 Rabbit GTI