VW Eos

VWoA had a pre-production Eos at the CVO's Midwest Treffen in August.
Very nice car, looks better in person than pictures make it look.  There
was a LOT of interest in the car. The top is amazing, we got to watch it
go up and down all day.  There are only 10 motors and servos controlling
the entire top (all run off a complex cable system), compared to 45-50
motors and servos in the Lexus SC430's top.  From what I learned, there
are about 8 pre-production Eos's in the states, all made in Germany,
with German VINs.  The production models will be built at a new factory
in Portugal, VIN'd appropriately.  So, the German cars, if they don't
get crushed, will be collectors items.

VWVortex has a nice writeup on the factory, check it out.

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/vortex_news/article_1814.shtml

Nate