Better steering rack?

Not sure If this is 100% accurate. I had a bad rack on my 88 16v rocco. Took
it to the shop to get it replaced. The guy that I've been working with for a
long time mentioned that 16v scirocco's use a tighter ratio rack than
other VW's. It is a full half turn less than others. Not sure if that
is crap or no. I've not another VW to test that theory out on. It was a
different part number than the one in my Jetta though since I had that rack
replaced and it was a 16v also.

When I got my rack replaced wth a few other suspension do-dads. My car felt
brand new. With sway bars my car feels as solid as my M3. Rattles a tad more
in the doors and sunroof but is super solid. I was super satisfied with my
rack and other replacement parts. Now I know what it felt like when it was
new.

My Rocco turns way tighter than my tractor wheel M3. However, my rocco
spools up faster and is about as fast as a bone stock E36 M3.

M3 is luxury and my Rocco is like a go cart in comparison. Granted a really
fast go cart. I'd never sell either of them. BMW is truely the ultimate
driving machine. Don't flame me for saying that but it is true. I love VW's
but there is something about an M3 that just feels right.

If you have the means own both.