  From: Greg Pallett
  To: Scirocco list
  Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 09:20 AM
  Subject: PSA check your SPARE tire.

  Todays public service announcement is courtesy of DC streets and my
  incompetent driving.
  Running a bit late for work I try to sneak around a corner inside a
  bus.  I clipped the curb, and heard a disturbing hissing sound.
  Sure enough, after sitting at the next light, I had a flat. It looks
  like I nicked the sidewall. No big deal, I can change this in ten
  minutes.  Well, I could have, but my spare was flat too  *banghead*
  So folks, go out and pull the carpeting - check your spare tire!  make
  sure it has air and that it will hold air!  I can imagine I'll be
  checking it every few months now....
  (So I had to walk 10 blocks with the mini-spare to get some air in it
  and then back to the car -  it makes the day interesting right?)

  GP

  --
  "Fatal mistakes rarely happen, but funny things often do"