Mk1 voltage drop and faint alternator light glowing

Amen brother!  Now here's one. Why is it that my starter catches (as in,
stops) and barely cranks sometimes, but when I put it in neutral and gently
rock back and forth in the seat, poof, it fires right up. What the hell is
that about? Obviously there are sufficiently energetic electrons awaiting
the task at hand and some subtle change in position is the charm.....this
is on the 16V if it matters. I must be missing an apocryphal lesson or
somthing.
Cathy, doing my darndest to keep them electrons unfettered

On 1:11 pm 10/02/06 Behrle Hubbuch <behrleiii@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks Brian!
>   I guess I missed the previous airing of this eposode of The Church
> of the Free Electron.   Behrle
>
> Brian McGarvey <bmcgarvey@gmail.com> wrote:
>   Ok folks.
> It been a while since the Church of the Free Electron has been
> preached.. You folks with old cars and bad voltages.. need to pay the
> following.
>
> You need to update your grounds.

<poof!!>