Mk1 voltage drop and faint alternator light glowing

Thanks Brian!
  I guess I missed the previous airing of this eposode of The Church of the Free Electron.
  Behrle

Brian McGarvey <bmcgarvey@gmail.com> wrote:
  Ok folks.
It been a while since the Church of the Free Electron has been preached..
You folks with old cars and bad voltages.. need to pay the following.

You need to update your grounds. Replace the ground from the battery
to the body,( under the battery near the drivers side tranny mount ).
Run a new ground from the body to engine block. No cleaning the tranny
mount is not going to do it. you haave dis-similar metal contact and a
semiconductor diode gets formed there. (steel to aluminum or magnesuim
alloy depending on the year of your tranny). All connections need to
be cleaned throughoughly threads need to be chased out with taps or
cleaned with wire brush pipe cleaners. then apply copious amounts of
copperkote (copper or silver based contact anti-sieze) . Clean the
ground rose underneath your dashboard. and poof.. many things will
clear up. Replace the hot wires to the starter and alternator and
wow.. Your lights.. well here is a german engineer I'd like to smack
for 100.. ALL the current for your headlights go through the dashboard
switch. V=I*R has struck. you need to relay your headlights.

I recommend the following.
http://www.momentummotorparts.com/store/harnesses.asp @ 59.00 this is
a steal. You cannot buy the bits and DIY for this much. This
definately qualifies as a nice piece of Kit. For the 4
headlight(hi/lo, hi, hi, hi/lo) folks you may need to adjust it a bit
or ask them to add a third relay to drive the inside lights.. It took
my headlamps on a convertible from @#$ decoration to usable in about
10 minutes.

Thanks for listening...
Donations are always accepted at the Church of the Free Electron..