  From: John C. Worden
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2006 11:54 AM
  Subject: Any car audio experts on the list? (ie, installers, designers, competitors)

  I used to really stay on top of this stuff years ago, but responsibilities
  such as marriage
  and home ownerships has caused me to not really keep up.  The stereo system
  in the
  the new '88 needs some help. I am going to stick with the stock size and
  location of the
  speakers(4x6).  But now for a sub woofer I have some questions.  I listen
  to rock- classic
  rock, alternative and some metal.  What would be a good size and quantity
  for the trunk of
  a Scirocco.  And what is the ideal way to face them?  I am thinking that a
  sealed box is
  best for my type of music and currently thinking that more than one sub
  woofer is kind of
  over doing it, but I could be wrong.  This is just a system for my
  enjoyment, not for show
  or competition.  I don't need top of the line stuff, but don't want junk
  either.  As for the head
  unit, I am looking pretty closely at Pioneers(I've had them in my truck for
  9 years and have
  had no problems) with 3 sets of pre amp outputs and running an amp(4x40,
  maybe Profile
  California) to the 4x6(up in the air, but looking at JBL GTO6427) speakers.
  And thoughts or advice?

  Thanks,

  John C. Worden
  Bucksport, Maine

  ''98 Dakota 4x4-
  '88 Scirocco 16V-
  '86 Scirocco 8V-Now a 16V!
  '78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic, 4 speed.- In the Rotisserie and under
  restoration
  '89 Polaris Indy Deluxe