Initial feeler: Liquidating my Scirocco stuff

So this is just a very initial feeler -- I'm going to inventory my
stuff and put out a real feeler later, but I wanted to see if there's
any interest whatsoever.

I am thinking of bailing out of the Scirocco hobby.  I've been kidding
myself if I thought I'd ever have time to actually build up the car to
a level I'd be happy with.  I might honestly have some time in the
spring, but I dunno.

It's not that I need the money terribly right now, but there's a small
circular shiny thing that a certain someone important in my life
wants, and a bit of extra money in my pocket sure would help that
situation.

I don't have a ton of stuff like some people, but here's roughly what
I've got.  Everything's located in Annapolis, MD.  I'd deliver within
some reasonable number of miles like 150 or something.  If you see
stuff that interests you or if you have some enlightening opinion on
whether you think my stuff would sell or not or what I should do,
please let me know.

+ Solid 1980.  Currently without an electrical system.  Body is
mediocre, but rust free.  Strong 1.8L 8V.  4spd.
www.xgtgx.com/Repaint for pics.
+ Set of Borbet Type E wheels with practically new Khumo Ecsta tires
on the car.  One of the wheels is decently scratched.  Would sell
separately if nobody wants the car.
+ VEMS EFI unit.  Would have to talk to Brian McGarvey about that one.
+ H&R Coilover kit.  Ordered from Potter and just haven't installed it yet.
+ "Total Poly" set, Wheel spacers, some other bits.
+ BMS (Bellvue Motorsports) header, almost new cat, Autotech mid-pipe,
TT/Borla muffler, TT tailpipe.  Bought as a complete setup from Peter.
+ Painless wiring harness kit for trunk mount.  I've scavenged a few
small parts from it but otherwise new.
+ Aggressively ported and polished solid lifter head bought from MarkF
a little while back.  Could get you all the info he told me about it.
+ Schrick 274 cam also bought from Mark a little while back.
+ 90A alternator from Peter@theScirocco
+ Much of an "S" interior from my 79.  The previous owner did a swap
of the S interior into the car.  A bunch of it's up in my attic in
Kentucky right now though.
+ My 1979 rustbucket.  It's totally worthless.

I figure if I got fair prices for all that it would put me around $3K,
which would put me a lot closer to being able to buy that little shiny
thing.

<commence rambling emotional bit>

Only problem is it's one of those things where it's worth more than
that to me.  I know I couldn't get fair prices for it all, so I'd
probably wind up with 2000 or so.  I've got at least twice that much
sunk into it so far.  And yea, that'd help get a better ring so that
is worth it to me because she's so much more important to me than the
car, but I just don't know if this is something I'm going to regret.
I am going out to grad school this coming summer in Monterrey
California.  I have no idea if I'll be able to move the car there, if
I'll be able to work on it there, etc.  But on the other hand I'm
going to be like 10 minutes from Laguna Seca, so I figure if there's a
good time to get into road racing, that would be it, and it'd be
pretty fun to have a Mk1 with coilovers, a peppy engine, and good
tuning potential.  I need to sink $15K into this car to make it what I
really want, though.  I want to build a Scirocco up ridiculous someday
when I'm rich.  I just want to be rich now so I can actually do it.
I'd love to just hang onto this car until that day comes, but that's
not really realistic either.  I know too many people with worthless
beaters that they pay hundreds of dollars every year to store for when
they have time to restore it, and that day will clearly never actually
come.

I'm sorry to vent my problems here, especially when I've just been
lurking.  I'm actually in just a bit of a low place in general right
now.  I made a "to-do" list tonight with 67 discrete items on it.  I'm
so overwhelmed I'm honestly on the edge of a breakdown.  A big part of
me would be delighted for someone to come haul away my car and all my
crap and give me a fair price for it, but I know a big part of me
would be devastated at the same time.  I'm tempted to just give it all
away.  I don't even care.

So what do I do?  Anyone want my stuff?

Aargh.  Fuck.

-Grant-