Got my own timing question

Prolly shoulda mentioned that huh? :)  8v. I'm going from a 2H trans that had a little case of SMS to a FF I found cheap locally.

Andy
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: LEF
  To: Andy Hartsig ; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 10:17 PM
  Subject: Re: Got my own timing question

  8V or 16V?

  larry
  sandiego16v
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Andy Hartsig
    To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
    Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 6:55 AM
    Subject: Got my own timing question

    Ok with all this talk of timing I've got my own question. In the process of
    replacing my trans I've also replaced the flywheel with a lightened one. I
    noticed in the Bently that there may not be a timing mark on the replacement
    flywheel. So what do I have to do to make a new mark?  I'm guessing roll the
    thing to TDC and scribe/cut a mark on it?  I don't have my Bently here at my
    Apt since it's with the car at my folk's place.

    thanks,
    Andy