Went to the stealership yesterday

Grrr... Nothing like going to the stealership and leaving with that
rode hard and put away wet feeling.  Btw this is a post made from a
microsoft free machine. I am attempting to overthrow the yoke of
oppression... and it's a little weird.  Knoppix 5.0.blah.blah.blah
actually installed on the hard drive.

So I go there for my 50K synthetic oil change (translate that to
"raked over coals repeatedly")  and to get the bad news on the center
console that the old lady broke.  Theres a little tray behind the
ebrake that breaks very easily when you lean on it apparently.  Good
news is that the entire console between the seats is $40.  Bad news is
that it will be like $260 to install it.  Not to mention I need tires.
 Yea ok whatever I know different diameters/tread wear haldex more
money bend over... I am getting used to this routine.

So I got the brilliant idea of going and talking to a salesperson
about how I am upside down on the loan--what are my options?  Two kids
in the R32, it's over 50k, she doesn't like it and our employee lease
from suzuki died with her father in August.  I miss that man
terribly... he was a father figure to me as well, not to mention he
would have loved showing me how to rebuild the engine in the Callaway,
and well, now we have to reprioritize.  Can't afford a 2nd car
payment, and the R32 isn't exactly Andrea's ideal car.  I lost my
brains on the tray and the transportation of a big dirty pumpkin in my
trunk.  It's not worth the hurt, it's not worth the pain in the ass...
 I love Andrea to death but she's not a vw person and it's not fair to
her or to me and the car to keep going like this.  I'd rather see it
go now.  Of course I didn't tell the salesperson any of this, but
that's what I am thinking.

So I asked him what they would offer as trade in.  Before I went, I
looked on their website and they have a few R32's that have been
sitting there I remember seeing them on the last two oil change trips.
 $37k for an 8k mile black one... and $33k + for the other two with
like 15 and 20K miles each retail of course.  I just had this bad
feeling about talking to him on that.  $23,425 is what KBB rates it as
a trade in.  He offered me $22k and some change and that would mostly
cover the remainder of the loan.  So I wasn't terribly happy right off
the bat coming in under KBB, so I asked about a Jetta.  He tried to
put me in a 2.5 jetta and I said no... If I am going to give up the
R32 I want to go as close as I can to the next best thing.  So I made
them dig out a GLI that had just been delivered that day and still had
all the transit stickers all over it.

Hrmmm.  I don't know how many 06 Jetta owners we have on the list but
let me apologize now.  I hated the damn thing.  It kept telling me I
was exceeding the speedlimit.  Great all I need is the CAR nagging me
as well.  It didn't have anything near the punch of the R32, and I
keep hearing different people tell me that they are faster.  It didn't
have traction for shit in the rain... the "slippery when wet" light
kept coming on and it shuddered horribly whenever it was on.  I think
I have seen that light once on the R.  I understand awd vs fwd,
traction control, and all of the new cars being required to have ESC,
but it was much more hindering that helpful.  You had to floor it
before you saw any kind of power up around 4k+, kinda reminded me of
the power band in a 16v.  It seemed huge and had a couple really big
blind spots that I would have to get used to.  The interior of this
one was rather spartan (no climatronic) and the radio sounded like
ass.  He told me I couldn't use the phat noise on this one because
it's an indash cd changer.  It had cloth seats and those double bar
star pattern rims.  I mean there's plenty of room for car seats and
all and that's what this is all about really, but I really didn't like
it.  I am starting to think I would enjoy a Rabbit alot more.  I am
going back today because my wife wants to drive it and I think I want
to drive the rabbit.  She is also talking about the Dodge Nitro.  From
what I hear there's like 6 models and only one of them is remotely
non-ghettofied. I didn't like it, and well it's a dodge... but she
loved her Cherokee and if it makes her happy I am not too opposed.

I feel sick.

--
80 Scirocco Callaway Indiana Red
87 Scirocco 16v Tornado Red