What's better than 66.6?

97.7hp. Not the number I'd hoped for, (I'd have liked to have seen
100-105), but still not horrible for a 1.8L 8V. I didn't do any tuning as I
only wanted a baseline number for future reference (and I'd mucked with
timing and mix at the track anyway), but the rollers indicated that torque
peak was 103.1 ftlbs at 3200 or so, and it didn't fall off that much till
5200. Peak Hp (97.7) was around 5700. This is a JH with 10:1 pistons and G
grind/solid lifters on good old 30 year old CIS. Fox intake/TT exhaust. A
good smooth curve, nothing earth shattering, but "at expectation" as we'd
say in education. Thought I'd share.
And the really good part? I got to spend a few November hours at the wheel
of a Scirocco, not often I can manage that! I just simply love that car,
sometimes I wonder why it is that I spend so much time on the damned
things, and then I go driving and it's SOOOO all worth it! Appraisal's
tomorrow....gotta give him a bath!
Cathy