16V Rocc. Man. rack and pinion = same as A1 GTI?

--- Lance LaPrarie <sciroccojunky@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone look up to see if the Scirocco 16v has a
> tighter ratio than
> regular Mk II and MKI PS racks?

FWIW, I'm pretty sure the Mk 1 never had a power rack.  And
in the old literature on the 16v Scirocco when it was
introduced, I do seem to remember reading that the ratio IS
quicker than a stock power or manual rack.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco                 '81 Scirocco S 16v to be?
'86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!) '96 Passat GLX Wagon
'56 Cessna 172