cold idle enrichment?

Hi list.   I new.  Glad I found this.  I have an 87 (really, 86.5) Scirocco,
all stock, in excellent condition.  I have always had this problem and it's
a huge pain.   I have changed every sensor imaginable.  Even the experts
seem not to know why. And believe me, i have tried...
I haven't brought it to the dealer, yet, but i'm about to...

Here's what happens.  I start my baby.  It idles really choppy, There's not
much power,
kinda like a clogged fuel filter.  It just won't go very well.  After about
10 minutes, 15 minutes
the idle the kicks up, the rpms just rev up for a 1/2 second (all by it's
lonesome),
then  she idles back down and my sweat heart is good to go--123 hp!  If i
turn off
the car and it sits for more than 1/2 hour, i have to go thru the whole
process again!

What am I missing? Has anyone ever had this problem?   Any ideas would be
appreciated.   And thank you for the list and this site...i was very excited
to find
it.  People keep telling me, why don't you sell that thing...there's no way
in hell
i will ever give up my Tornado Red sweetheart!  Never!  Cordially, Anthony