TDI Roc, updated info and more questions

So from the great responses I have so far here is what I have compiled:

The best engines to source for the swap would be either the AHU or 1Z
engine from an A3 jetta or B3 passat.

I will need all the engine electronics (obviously) as well as the pedal
position pot. and the electronics associated with the DBW arrangement.

I will loose all the fuel pumps, etc except for the intake prepump, and
will need to reroute the fuel lines around the missing equipment.

Stick with a cable shift tranny unless you can build a really strong 020
:)

The TDI engine may have clearance issues with stress bars/hood like an aba
swap??

Questions that have popped up:

I noticed a few places mentioning a water separator.  Is this something
that comes with the fuel system of a TDI that I should grab, or is this an
extra add-on to source?

What about the Tac?  With out a coil to trigger the tac I doubt it will
work :)  So What options are there for a tac for a TDI?  I also assume
being a diesel that the red line is very low.

The DBW pedal position pot.  I noticed pictures on the tdi club of people
using the entire pedal from a TDI.  The pot looks like it is attached to
the pedal directly.  On the older cars was it in a separate place?

because the injection pump is at such high pressure, I am assuming it is
mounted to the engine (or close to it) and thus we only have to run lines
to it from the pick up pump?

Most likely I will have to get a VagCom to reprogram the ECU?  I am
thinking that the ECU may have issues when it notices that the abs, air
bags, etc, etc are no longer connected.  Or were there old tdi's that had
none of these things?

Cory Langford
'86 Roc turbo,
'78 Roc turbo - RIP,