mk1 fenders on ebay

On 5/24/06, David Utley <fahrvergnugen@cox.net > wrote:

> No, they are not heavy.  But when shipping something, once you get past
> a certain size you are paying for the extra space it takes up.  So in
> other words, beyond a certain point, you are -paying- for it -as-if- it
> were heavier...
>
> If that seat were split into two small boxes, one for each half, it
> would have been no more that 40-50 bucks.  But since the box was 3X3, it
> cost 130.00...

Sent a pair of MK2 fenders to Brian Haygood from Oregon to Texas (really
late on the delivery, sorry Brian) via DHL in the largest box U-Haul had,
which I had to modify to a bigger size, for under $40.

> I don't know the fella, and I have no idea, he might indeed be gouging.
> I only brought up the above because I was suprised how expensive it
> was.  The whole seat with packing weighed no more than 40 pounds...
>
> David

Biggest reason people put stuff on E-Bay is to make money :)  I hate the
bidding system so I shop craig's list and this list.  I love this list
because of all the parts everyone has and the ability to be generous to
fellow scirocco lovers (thanks again Koabi for the goods).  I try to price
everything I sell to listers as the local pick-n-pull yard does since that
is where I get most of what I need.  Plus I never would have know about
Peter and Potterman.

--
Gordy
MK1 x 4