mk1 fenders on ebay

No, they are not heavy.  But when shipping something, once you get past
a certain size you are paying for the extra space it takes up.  So in
other words, beyond a certain point, you are -paying- for it -as-if- it
were heavier...

If that seat were split into two small boxes, one for each half, it
would have been no more that 40-50 bucks.  But since the box was 3X3, it
cost 130.00...

I don't know the fella, and I have no idea, he might indeed be gouging.
I only brought up the above because I was suprised how expensive it
was.  The whole seat with packing weighed no more than 40 pounds...

David