Timing, backfiring and low idle.

I believe the lamba cars started with the 80 model in the USA.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@verizon.net>
To: "Scourge" <scourge@cogeco.ca>; "Edward Effinger"
<Eeffinger@conestogac.on.ca>
Cc: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 3:49 PM
Subject: Re: Timing, backfiring and low idle.

If the car has an O2 sensor then it has the frequency valve. Early cars ( I
have no clue what dates) that had an O2 sensor and frequency valve did not
have the WOT switch. I think that came with the GTI and the 1.8 engine in
the Scirocco.
With my late 84 setup with the correct dwell, triggering the WOT switch made
the engine rev just a little bit higher and the idle would smooth out mostly
cause the system wasn't oscillating the AFR around stoichiometric.
Dan