The Ghia

Spewey wrote:

>>Did you see the Ghia?
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/ghia2.jpg
That thing is sa-mokin'.  I am awestruck.
Holy balls that is sweetly nasty.
I want to go just to meet you, Mark.  If there was a German word that
combined scirocco, nerd, lurk, and celebrity then I would learn it and
use it now.<<

I'd have to call that the nicest compliment I've ever received!  You guys
don't miss a thing.
Did you see the pictures at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/ghia3.jpg and
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/ghia1.jpg ?  No "mechanic" has ever touched
this car but me, except the guy that puts tires on the wheels.  This will
date me, but I bought that car new when I was 17, headed into the Air Force
(steady paycheck ahead).   Right now it's only a 2110cc Type 1 with dual
48mm Webers that I figure is pushing 160 horsepower.  Even that's a 6 second
machine when it's only pushing 1800 pounds around!  I've only been beat once
on the road, and that was by some kinda fat tire, nitrous burning, traction
bar sportin' Mustang that looked like it just rolled off the drag
strip...and he didn't exactly suck my headlights out either! "Regular"
Cobras are not a problem, nor are Boxter S's.  That car's a real hoot....My
"Mr. Hyde" car!  I have more great plans for it, as my next project.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to ya'll before now, but I really appreciate all
the private replies and the package shelf offer. I'll definitely take it!  I
thought maybe the list was set up to automatically send a reply direct, but
it's not, so I was missing a few of the comments.  Weather permitting, I'll
see you at Cincy.  It just happens that I was flying to a Corvair thing in
Alliance Ohio that weekend, and was going to fly right over you guys on the
way, so I'm pretty happy to get to kill two birds with one stone.  Cincy is
only 11 miles out of my way.  Having a runway right next door...well it
doesn't get any better than that!

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to markl "at" hiwaay.net