Tech'ish question. Inquiring minds want to know.

My first 85 Scirocco use to do it alot on both downshifting & hard
acceleration up until 2500 rpm.  My exhaust wasn't anything special, just an
Autotech 2.25 CatBack system and a header.

It definitely turned heads when I was in high school.  I would roll into the
parking lot and downshift into second with waaaaaaam pop, pop, pop, pop,
ummm   pop, pop, pop, pop.

The car was running alittle richer than stock but I didn't think much about
it at the time, or for that matter much about CIS or cars.  I did my own oil
changes and brakes and that was about all.  It wasn't until my Senior Year
that I started learning more.

Brian

85 Scirocco 8vT                    01 Jetta 20vT                        84
Rabbit GTI