2L oil pump dilemma

This is a 25k motor that has run excellently.  The OEM pump was pegged at
over 5bar on the VDO gauge around 4K.  The new 30mm pump pegs it around 1800
rpm.  Nothing else has changed with the motor.

The oil is Mobil One 10w30 (from wintertime).

I've lost oil via the old gasket-left-on-the-oilfilter method, draining out
the oil quickly.  The oil warning light comes on, but no buzzer.  This was
the first time I've ever had the light come on and heard the buzzer, too.
No leakage, so this isn't a loss issue.

Since I swapped from a 36mm gear oil pump down to a 30mm gear oil pump, I
assume that is a lower volume oil pump?