2L oil pump dilemma

Phil,
I'm confused as to what car is giving you a 'high' oil pressure warning (I
have never heard of such a warning actually), and at what oil pressure is it
giving you this warning? Using a higher volume 2L pump will yield a higher
pressure on the same engine, everything else being equal, so your result is
somewhat expected. Such a result can also occur by using a lower volume oil
pump with a higher relief setting, provided the engine is in *very* good
shape (minimal flow past bearings). Is this a new / rebuild? If so, how many
miles were put on it during break-in, and with what oil? I'm just trying to
figure out if your actual pressure is high enough to actually be a bad
thing.
Also, what weight and type of oil are you using currently?
Al