updates on fiberglass MkI fenders, and such...

   OK,

    It's not looking good. But I'll just post what was emailed to me, and also what I replied back to this particular vortex seller. Below is what he emailed me, and above his email was what I sent back. As you can see, this email will decide whether or not this guy is walking the walk or just talking smack. I am not playing with this fellow anymore; he keeps typing the same bs in different form. Sorry for the false alarm, but I was ready for some fiber fenders my damn self! We'll see after this for sure! FYI: Has anyone seen the updated pictures for the widebody kit that is being fitted for a mold in a vortex forum thread? Check the link below!
                                                                                                              -Adam

    Fab,

     I am extremely interested in these products that you 'offer'. The only problem is that I have a hard time justifying sending you such a large sum of money for something that neither I nor you have proof that they even exsist. I also have a hard time believing that you have no pictures, and cannot even take any pictures of something that is so 'available'-yet nobody else on the vortex has heard of. I have seen that you have sold some c/f hoods and such, but it was mostly VIS stuff right? Even then, you had pictures for those guys.

     I would like a c/f hood and c/f fenders for my MkI. I would also like a c/f hood for my MkII. I have a couple of friends who would like fiberglass fenders for their MkI's. I am very sorry, but all of us agree that we'd prefer to 'see' the goods before we pay up; so to speak. You have definate, multiple sales with me, -money is not an issue, but I'm going to need some sort of guarantee. I will even fly out to you to retrieve these and drive a rental car back to the southeast if these items are 'that' camera shy.

     All you have told me is that you got'em. Well I 'got' the money and I can even take pictures of it with either my camera, or one of my friends' cameras. All that I can tell you is: that I'll wait for you to find a camera and give me multiple angles and close-up shots of these products. Then you will have more than just the sales that I have mentioned, because I've got many people on the 'Scirocco List' excited about it. It is up to you. If you indeed have a rare product like this, you need to market it at least to my (pictures) standards; which in this case; is not very high. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but I have lost at this game before...I will not sign-up for another season -ever.

                                                                                                       sincerely,
                                                                                                       A. Carroll

    -This guy has the right idea with work involved in a new product: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2500540

Fab Caravaggio <fabscorrado@hotmail.com> wrote:
  Hey whats up man. I can't answer my IM on vw vortex because I got banned for
soliciting on the IM. Now to answer your questions. Yes I have both carbon
fiber and fiberglass hoods and fenders. I have both mk1 and mk2 fiberglass
and c/f. I have both fenders with turn signals and ones without. The inner
suppors on the hood is a one peice fiberglass. There is no warrenty on my
items, but all my items are of great quality and I usually doulble check
everything for any defects before shipping it out. I also will put insurance
on the item in case it gets damaged during shipping. I can't do the door
panels or anything else. It's mostly just the hood and the fenders I carry.
The c/f fenders will be more costly compared to the fiberglass. Let me know
if you and others on the vortex want to place an order for the scirooco
stuff. I also carry other fiberglass and c/f hoods for moslty all vw's and
have sold numerous hoods with no complaints. Thanks and let me know

>From: Adam Carroll
>To: fabscorrado@hotmail.com
>Subject: fiberglass and carbon fiber hoods/fenders inquiry...Scirocco
>Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:10:05 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Hey man,
>
> I responded to one of your posts on vwvortex about the fiberglass
>fenders. I have a friend with a MkII Scirocco that is interested in a c/f
>hood, and I'd like to get some more info on the MkI parts that your shop
>offers. I'd like to get a carbon fiber hood, and fenders but if you don't
>make the fenders in that material I'll take all fiberglass. Here are some
>questions:
>
> -Are the fenders for the early style (75-78') turn signals, or are they
>for the later style (79-81') MkI Scirocco?
> -Are the Carbon fiber hoods' support frame- fiberglass, steel, or carbon
>fiber?
> -Do they carry any type of warranty, or garantee against (UV) fading, or
>separation of the weave?
> -Would you guys be willing to do inner door panels in carbon fiber, as
>well as different components like this?
> -What would it take to get a triangular hood scoop integrated into the
>c/f hood for turbo ventilation?
> -Can I call the shop to see what exactly I can invest in?
>
> I'm really serious about this purchase so please get back to me when
>you can. I am working on a 'streetable-racer' Scirocco, and carbon fiber is
>my kryptonite. Let me know what you can do for me. vr612valve@yahoo.com
>,thanks.
>
> -A. Carroll

Yahoo! Mail goes everywhere you do.  Get it on your phone.