From: Daun Yeagley [mailto:vwdaun@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2006 10:43 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Important Cincy Notes

I have gone ahead and secured a few rooms at the usual
hotel this year.  They have changed chains, it is now a
Holiday Inn rather than a Ramada.

IMPORTANT - THE ROOM-HOLD POLICY HAS CHANGED.  I've
reserved 10 rooms this year, for Friday and Saturday
nights.  (June 2-3)  These rooms MUST be booked by (I
think) May 12th.  (The paperwork is on my desk at home.)
IF THE ROOMS ARE NOT BOOKED BY THE CUT-OFF DATE, I WILL
STILL BE CHARGED FOR THEM.  I, of course, really want to
avoid that, so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE book the rooms.  Do it
now.  You know you'll be attending.  :)

We used nine rooms last year, I'm hoping we can make an
even 10 this time.  To reserve a room, call (937) 283-3200
and tell them you're with Scirocco.org for the discount
rate.  It went up $2 over last year, to $84/nite, which
isn't bad if you split it amongst a couple people.

Also - what kind of activities would everyone like to see
at Cincy this year?  Something different?  Keep it the
same?  Bring back something from a past Cincy?  It's YOUR
event, make it what you want it!  I'm awaiting
(semi-realistic) suggestions!

Friday:  Dinner suggestions?  Pizza is, as always, an
option but we no longer have an "in" with the pizza shop we
had last year.  We we do have a probable in with another,
however, so cheap pizza (Donato's) shouldn't be a problem.

Saturday:  Any volunteers to lead a "how-to" tech session,
kinda like Ron's tranny-teardown a couple years ago?  (Hey
Ron, how 'bout a tranny "build-up?")  I know there was
discussion about a/c systems a few weeks ago.  Julie &
bodywork?  (Oh that reminds me, I've got dibs on a wrecked
Passat hood for signatures this year.  I should drag out
one of the old hoods and mount it on the '86 or something
for the weekend.)

Dinner on Saturday - are the Texans bringing brisket or
should we plan on something else?

Videos on the garage wall.  Thumbs up?  Thumbs down?  Don't
care?

Also for Saturday - backyard mayhem?  Should we do anything
in the back field this year?  If so, what?  I'm all ears.

Sunday:  I'm considering another cruise.  Destination and
route to be determined, but I think everyone that went on
the one we did a couple years ago really enjoyed it.  Is
there any interest?  Suggestions for alternatives etc?

Thanks for any input, I'm getting pretty excited about
June!  Anyone else?  :p

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172
The first rule of intelligent tinkering is to save all the parts - Ehrlich's
Law.