My fast

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 05:33:02 -0800, "LEF" <rocco16@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>I predict that the VW "fast" will last, on TV and as part of popular vernacular, for about 3.7 weeks...
>after which everyone, including VW and its marketing mavens, will just hope nobody remembers it.
>
> VW is airing what are  very possibly the worst ads in their history right now.

The "fast" commercials are really stupid to this old fogey.. I just
don't get it.  But I'm probably in nobody's target market anymore.

OTOH, the "unpimp my ride" series is funny.  Coming from a German
background and having a number of my wife's family who still says "V"
for "W" regularly, the engineer (even though the actor is a Swede)
pulls it off.

I look at the "unpimp" series as a backhanded slap at the very culture
that the "fast" series is playing to.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9